Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday [35]: Can I be NEARLY GONE?


So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Bending the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THIS WEEKS PICK:

Title: Nearly Gone
Author: Elle Cosimano
Publication Date: March 25th 2014
Published by: Kathy Dawson Books
Summary from Goodreads (here):
Bones meets Fringe in a big, dark, scary, brilliantly-plotted urban thriller that will leave you guessing until the very end.
Nearly Boswell knows how to keep secrets. Living in a DC trailer park, she knows better than to share anything that would make her a target with her classmates. Like her mother's job as an exotic dancer, her obsession with the personal ads, and especially the emotions she can taste when she brushes against someone's skin.
But when a serial killer goes on a killing spree and starts attacking students, leaving cryptic ads in the newspaper that only Nearly can decipher, she confides in the one person she shouldn't trust: the new guy at school—a reformed bad boy working undercover for the police, doing surveillance. . . on her.
Nearly might be the one person who can put all the clues together, and if she doesn't figure it all out soon—she'll be next.

WHY I'M WAITING:

AH! That cover is so creepy and yet SO enticing. It's begging me to read it @_@ Really LOVE the font treatment and how the 3 & 4 are added onto it...hmm, maybe they mean something O_* Also I'm interested in the story. I'm not normally into books with mysteries or serial killers *sorry but I'm picky with them* but this one caught my attention. PLUS it does have some paranormal quality to it ;)
It also kinda reminded me of WAKE by Lisa Mcmann, which i LOVED! So i'll be waiting on this one FOR A WHILE, since it comes out MARCH 2014!! Until then i'll be slowly disappearing...

THAT'S IT!! EXCITED-INTERESTING? WHAT R U WAITING FOR? LEAVE LINKS IN COMMENTS :D

10 comments:

  1. OMG...this sounds AWESOME!! I haven't heard about it before now!! Gonna add it to my tbr pile, thanks hun! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT DOES RIGHT! YAY, glad to hear your going to feed the TBR monster :P Thanks for stopping by Haley MUCH <333!

      Delete
  2. oh wow this sounds creepy and amazing at the same time. I can't wait to get my hands on it! March 2014 is so far away!!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CREEPY and AMAZING is right!?! MARCH 2014 is SO far a wait X_X So many great books coming out in 2014 that I am salivating over :P Thanks for stopping by Juhina, MUCH BLOGGY <3 & HUGS!!!

      Delete
  3. Love creepy and scary story's. TBR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, right?! Two great elements to add to a story :) Thanks for commenting Jamie, MUCH <3!

      Delete
  4. Love how the creepiness of the story is added on to the cover :P

    My WoW pick

    ~Taherah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! Creepiness FTW! Thanks for stopping by Taherah, much <3!

      Delete
  5. HOLY COW! This book looks so AMAZING! How have I not heard of this one before?! Thanks so much for spotlighting it! Why do we have to wait til 2014? ;_; I also am in love with that cover. <3 Thanks again for sharing this and for stopping by my WoW post. ^.^
    Happy Reading! :D


    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd
    My Latest STS Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! the waiting is SOOO bad when the books come out 2014!!! ;_; I wish they would come out already! And this one looks and sounds like a really good good one :D Thanks for stopping by my WoW post Tiffa, MUCH BLOGGY <3 & HUGS!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.