Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Lovin read-a-thon: Day 2 + challenge

SO if you haven't checked out yesterdays late post then GO check it out there's a funny teaser from SINCE YOU ASKED which I am reading right now. Now onto today's post: YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT!
List your must-have summer reading (the ones you read over and over again) or give us some of your favorite recommended summer reads.
To me summer reads mean, books that are funny, light, romantic, or intense. Great to read when ur free and relaxing :D So with that in mind, here are my favorite MUST READ summer books:
[pictures linked to goodreads]
There's a huge mix in there but i LOVE them all and there great to read in the beach or just by yourself :)

Okay so Nancy over at TUMBLING BOOKS *love her blog* is hosting today's challenge and I LOVE these kinds of challenges. So basically you pick a book and re-do there cover, EASY :) My pick is I AM ALIVE by Jace Cameron. I LOVE the books but was kinda sad to see they re-did the original cover ;_;
ORIGINAL cover vs. MY COVER:
Explanation: In the book Decca has to shout "I AM ALIVE" every 6 hours during the MONSTER SHOW to let them know she's still alive. Hence the shouting girl and i also added hands reaching for each other in the background *very light* but there for the romance. As for font, I wanted it to pop at you and yes, i took a simplistic route, but i kept the dystopian feel with the brown-peach and deluded pinks theme.

THAT'S IT! R U IN THE READ-A-THON? LIKE THE BOOKS OR COVER RE-DESIGN?
LEAVE ME YOUR LINKS & COMMENT :D

20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - I LOVE your cover! Way better than the original one. I love the colors and the gritty feel of it.

    Great job!
    Meagan @ Reviewing Wonderland
    Pink Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D YAY! Glad you love the my cover re-design Meagan. I loved making it more gritty and contrasting with the pink. Thanks for stopping by, MUCH BLOGGY <3 & HUGS!

      Delete
  2. Girl, your cover is so much prettier than the original cover! Love it! I wouldn't buy the original cover, but I would totally get yours! Maybe you need to sell it to the author! ;)
    You're very talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww *blushing* thanks! I know the original cover was going for the dystopian feel but it didn't quite make it :P So i made it even more gritty and dystopian feeling! Glad you love it ^_^ and LOL, i so would, if he ever asked to buy it ;) Thanks for stopping by Nick, MUCH <3 & HUGS!

      Delete
  3. I think Jace did a redesign after that cover, but I really love the way you designed it! I love the faded hands that are reaching towards the girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually that IS the cover re-do he had made for the book! And thanks Christine, and the fading hands reaching towards her was kinda an accident, a good one :) Thanks for stopping by, much <3!!

      Delete
  4. OMG, love your redo! I agree that the original cover wasn't too great, but your redo is pretty lovely!

    Neysa @ [B.O.O.K.L.I.F.E]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hwy Neysa! Aww, thanks! Yeah the original just wasn't coming together in my opinion, though it had key places from the book. It does look pretty lovely, right?! Thanks for stopping by, MUCH <3!

      Delete
  5. GIRL. LISSETH. YOU'RE DESIGN SKILLS. THEY ROCK. (Yes, that has to be put in all Caps.)
    The author should definitely hire you to design/re-design her covers! Show her a picture! :P

    Kelly @ Effortlessly Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :3 aww, thanks KELLY! Really glad to see your impressed with ma skills *tripps over feet-im a hazard* and maybe i might go into business ;) And i've been tweeting the pic but haven't heard back but i wish i COULD design covers, that would be EPIC @_@ Thanks for stopping by Kelly, MUCH BLOGGY <333 & HUGS!

      Delete
  6. Great list of summer reading! Adding Gimme a Call & Fang Girl to my TBR list. I REALLY like your cover! It captures the book perfectly! Ah creepy hand reaching out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, happy to see 2 epics added to to your TBR pile Jess! ^_^ urs were even more EPIC than mine but thanks :3 And yeah creepy hand reaching @_@ was a planned effect ;) Thanks for stopping by, MUCH <3 & HUGS Jess!

      Delete
  7. Oooh love your cover redo! I would totally pick it up if I saw it. It makes me curious just looking at it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW :3 Really happy that you would pick it up! It is curious isn't it?! Thanks for stopping by Asti, MUCH <3 & HUGS!

      Delete
  8. I love your redo! It looks so much better than the original (is that mean to say?). I love Something Strange & Deadly and Hereafter, they're great recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks & no i don't think so O.O AND YAY SO glad u LOVED Hereafter & Somthing strange and deadly! Thanks for stopping by Kim, MUCH <333!

      Delete
  9. OMG! Your cover is freaking awesome!!! It's SO much better than the original! GREAT JOB! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :3 OMG THANKS Nancy and so epic that u think it's awesome :D Thanks for checking out my post, MUCH <333!

      Delete
  10. I like your cover better than the original. good job! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.