Tuesday, July 16, 2013

[Surprisingly amazing] Review: Elite (Eagle Elite #1) by Rachel Van Dyken

Publication Date: July 9th 2013
Published by: Forever
Pages: 256
Source: Publisher via Netgalley
Rating: LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT! - 5 stars
Summary from Goodreads (here):
When I won the annual Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery, I was thrilled. After all, my grandma had just died and I wanted to take care of my aging grandpa -- he couldn't be a farmer in Wyoming forever. And graduating from Eagle Elite meant opportunity.
But I wasn't counting on meeting Nixon. Nor was I counting on the rules of the Elect.
1. Do not touch The Elect.
2. Do not look at The Elect.
3. Do not speak to The Elect.
And worst of all? Don't discover the secret they hide, because in the end, you may just realize... it's about you.
*This is a New Adult Book, blood, violence, cursing, sexual references, and drug use. Not recommended for those under 17.*

MY THOUGHTS:

OMG The ELITE was such a surprisingly amazing book. From the brief and vague summary I honestly didn't know what to expect but WOW, I was happily surprised :) The ELITE had a romeo & juliet love story mixed in with an elite school and the MAFIA! Although the romance was a great aspect of the book the part that i loved the most was the story and the characters in it!
I didn't know what the story would entail but i was NOT counting on there being this huge secret involving the mafia. That aspect was quite the page turner. I don't want to spoil it but the secret u don't want to know about the ELECT does involve the mafia and a LONG tragic love story involving Trace's dead parents. That mafia aspect and the dangers that come with being in it kept me on my toes and always wanting to see what havoc would ensue next.
Another great thing were the STRONG side & main characters! They were all so complex and interesting. I could not get enough of them; they made me LOL, get frustrated, and one certain one scared me O.O but I loved them all the same. Now Nixon was AH so mean at the start with Trace but later on we learn why and I LOVED him more for it. He does have a heart even though he seemed like a jerk he had a motive for it. Now Trace, she's one tough cookie and doesn't stand down which gets her in trouble more often than not!
Trace & Nixon's past get's in there way of being together and brought me SO much emotional heartache and turmoil! But that was just another thing i loved, ALL THE FEELS X_X They could be sweet and then hurtful but watching them reveal there scars and healing them kept me reading and loving them more.
The ending was SO unexpected and heart pounding. It really packed a punch and I was LITERALLY HYPERVENTILATING because I didn't know what was going to happen. It was gruesome, real and eek very traumatic. But it finally built a bridge between Nixon & Trace AND their FAMILIES. I LOVED it. Safe to say that i Will be waiting for book #2 anxiously! Definitely give this book a try, you won't be sorry :D
Song to listen to while reading:

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Hands off", he barked, and then he was flying through the air. Holly hell, I've made him commit suicide.
Okay, so as a person he sucked. As a teacher, I kind of dug the honesty. "Trace", Nixon called my name. Just kidding, I wanted to feed him to a hundred piranhas.
"Sometimes we aren't given choices. We just are."
Tears threatened again. "Sometimes, Chase...it's the emotional wounds that hurt the most." I pushed back the anger and sighed. "I'd rather he beat me. Cuts heal, bruises fade-but broken hearts? They carry scars for a lifetime."

THAT'S IT! HAVE YOU READ IT? SOUND INTERESTING? LIKED THE QUOTES? LEAVE A COMMENT :)

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh you rock my face off!! Thanks for the incredible review...*smiles huge*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, glad to make you smile :D I LOVED it and I really can't wait for the ELECT to come out! All the teasers are killing me X_X But super epic that you checked out my review :3 Thanks and MUCH <3333!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.