Thursday, August 22, 2013

Authors are rockstars: Dual Interview with T.M Goeglein and Sara Jane Rispoli! [with gifs XD]

Thank you to Fiktshun, Two Chicks On Books, and Magical Urban Fantasy Reads for organizing this rocking event and letting me take part! [Check out the full schedule of awesome here]
Today is awesome! Why? Because I get to spotlight an author that I think rocks and that is...T.M. Goeglein! Why you must ask is he a rockstar? Well for one he rekindled my love for the mafia in reading. I honestly wouldn't even touch books with a mafia element *had bad book experiences* UNTIL I read COLD FURY. And OMG I FELL HARD! Not only is he a rocking writer but he's one of the authors that I feel really reaches out to readers and bloggers. He noticed my 5 star review *way back in the day XP* he's emailed me about cover reveals, fun posts, CRAZY videos he did, and it shows that he not only wrote a book but that he actually looks at his readers and cares :) He also makes for THE most funniest, craziest, movie loving author I've ever met.
He also gave me one of my most FAVORITE YA heroines, SARA JANE RISPOLI! *Enough said* So today I'm honored to have him on the blog. On a side note did you notice that this week so far has been mostly all things Cold Fury ;)

THE ROCKIN INTERVIEW with T.M & SARA:

1. Describe yourself in one sentence?

S.J. : You should describe me. After all, you wrote me.
T.M. : Good point. Okay, I would say a very tough, smart, and independent young women…
S.J. : …with the ability to kick some serious ass…
T.M. : …and with deep feelings for one boy in particular, but she doesn’t need him to save her. Does that sound accurate?
S.J. : Right on the money. Now describe yourself.
T.M. : Simple. I am the creator of Sara Jane Rispoli.

2. What 5 songs are on your workout playlist?

S.J. : My workout consists of running for my life through the streets of Chicago, and boxing. When I’m working the heavy bag or in the ring, I blast:
• I Love It (Icona Pop)
• Like a G6 (Far East Movement)
• Go to Give it Up (Marvin Gaye)
• Chicago (Frank Sinatra)
• Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke – I hate that I love this song, but I do.)

T.M. : I box too, and run a lot. When I’m doing roadwork, I listen to:
• Ho Hey (The Lumineers)
• Gangsta’s Paradise (Coolio)
• Super Rich Kids (Frank Ocean)
• The Barber of Seville – Act I
• Mo Money Mo Problems (The Notorious B.I.G.)

3. I know you like movies, I mean you started a club at school for it. So, what are your top 5 favorite movies?

S.J : Wild at Heart, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, The Third Man…and The Godfather parts I and II, for survival reasons.
T.M : Chinatown, Animal House, l’Avventura, Some Like it Hot, and Good Fellas…for educational reasons.

4. Have you ever been on a crazy adventure?

S.J. : Are you joking? My entire life is one, unending crazy adventure.
T.M. : I once travelled to a tiny Italian village in the middle of nowhere. I couldn’t speak Italian and hardly anyone there spoke English. I stayed for a week while we all tried to figure each other out.

5. If you were an ice cream, what flavor would you be?

S.J. : Ugh…just thinking of myself as ice cream makes me sick. You’ll know what I mean after reading FLICKER & BURN.
T.M. : Pistachio gelato, no question. Sorry S.J.

FOR T.M

1. Do you have a certain character in the series that you enjoyed writing?

T.M. : Besides Sara Jane, I really love writing her best friend, Doug. As the trilogy progresses, he sees himself and the world with increasingly dark humor.

2. Are you in the mafia? O.O jk. but no seriously, that is an honest question.

T.M. : Ha-ha…that’s funny. But don’t ever ask me that again…understand?

FOR SARA JANE

1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how shocked were you that your family was involved with the mafia in Chicago?

S.J. : 11.5. I had no clue, none at all…but when I look back now, maybe I should have. We lived such a sheltered and secretive life. I knew we were a private family, but a criminal one? Uh-uh.

2. Will there be more Max in Flicker & Burn?

S.J. : Oh yeah, much more of Max, and a different Max. Honestly, he’s not as patient with me as he used to be.
THE BOOKS [CLICK ON THEM TO LEARN MORE]


ABOUT THE AUTHOR:



T.M. Goeglein began his career as a writer of print and television ads for a host of advertising and media companies. As a screenwriter, he created both original scripts and worked as a script doctor for several production companies in Los Angeles.
He was an original contributor to the Huffington Post ‘Living’ section, and continues to write for both the national edition and Huffington Post Chicago. Read T.M. Goeglein’s stories on the Huffington Post.
His debut young adult novel, COLD FURY, will be published by Penguin/Putnam in 2012 and is the first in a trilogy; he’s currently working on the second book. He lives in Chicago with his wife, Laura, and two young children
Find and Follow him on: Twitter|Goodreads | Facebook | Blog | Website

THAT'S IT! HAVE U READ IT? LIKED THE INTERVIEW? LEAVE A COMMENT & ENTER :)

4 comments:

  1. Great interviews! Thanks so much for being a tour host!

    Hugs,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaime! I loved being a host on this amazing tour :D Thanks for stopping by, MUCH <333!

      Delete
  2. Oh, my! this interview was AMAZING! I loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD OMG SOOO GLAD YOU LOVED THE INTERVIEW Lis!!! Thanks for stopping by, MUCH <3333!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.