Monday, August 19, 2013

Manga Monday [5]: A Kiss for My Prince, Volume #1 by Hee-Eun Kim

Manga Monday is hosted by Alison Can Read. This button edit is my own. Image credits go to the manga, Vampire Knight & A kiss to my prince! WE ARE BACK!! WOHOO, been reading so many mangas & I NEED to share the love for them again! These reviews will be short (I hope) and will have pictures from the manga's XD
So this week's manga is...
A Kiss for My Prince: Vol. 1 (A Kiss For My Prince #1) by Hee-Eun Kim
Publication Date: August 30th 2006
Published by: Infinity Studios
Pages: 171
Summary from Goodreads (here):
Everyone always says to set high goals for oneself. Sei-Ann, an orphaned young lady who was raised in the care of a noblewoman, does just that when she decides she'll become the prince's bride.
With above average looks and ambitions that would rival that of a king, Sei-Ann is determined to leave her social status behind and become the wife of the next Crown Prince. One day, she gets her chance when the prince visits her guardian's residence, and before she knows it, she's invited to work at the Royal Palace as a maid. What's more, one of the Crown Prince's brothers falls in love with her.
But suddenly, just as everything seemed like it was going so perfectly, Sei-Ann learns that she may be the last surviving heir to a family which was closely tied to the Royal family but later branded as traitors!

My Thoughts:

YES! I have finally found the manga that has rekindled my love for them XD I really picked this up for no other reason than i was bored and it was the first one on the list. But YAY for random suprise reads because this manga was SO awesome! PLUS it was funny! From the first page I was LOL and giggling :D *WARNING may have SLIGHT spoilers*
Sei-Ann is an orphan who works as a "lady's assistant"; she's strong, confident, and sarcastic with a certain someone ;) I LOVED her character! She was also told that if she ever met a prince that she would know who she was BECAUSE she LOST HER MEMORY of who she was before the lady had found her. Then one day a prince DOES comes to the house & she decides she will be his bride! And that's when things get interesting ;) She get's tricked by the prince's "assistant" or so she thinks to be a royal maid. Hehe what she didn't know was that there was more than 1 prince XP
So we meet the prince's, whom are all pretty hot and unique in there own ways. There was Prince Shion, who is so fun and flirty with Sei-Ann. Yet he can be serious and scary when he needs to be as the CROWN prince. He's also my favorite because he's down to earth and has a really tragic story X3
Then there was Prince Joon & Yu-Jen! There brothers from the same mother and Yu-Jen is SOOO HILARIOUS and strange. He's like a big brother kinda to Sei-Ann, he cares about her a lot, and protects her. Now, Prince Joon can be cold but has his reasons and has a secret mission to complete that just so happens to include Sei-Ann!
Through this manga we start getting pieces of the puzzle as to who Sei-Ann really is and there are definitely a few good twists. There are also a few LIFE & DEATH situations where Sei-Ann might have been beheaded >_< So not to die she makes a deal with Shion and becomes a royal SPY TOO! Now we have a conspiracy and it's from the royal family @_@ CRAZY!
That ending! Ah that was a pretty great way to end the first volume because now we know WHO Sei-Ann is and WHY she forgot her memory. PLUS there might have been a ball with 2 prince's dancing & falling to help her ;D But that last revelation KILLED ME! It was like a knife to the heart & i felt just like Sei-Ann. Like the world was falling beneath me Seriously was not expecting that X_X
Oh yeah can't forget the artwork. IT WAS GORGEOUS! I loved the way the places, the characters, and the funny little *cutesy* drawings were done. Really clean and sharp, it matched the story really well ^_^
Overall I LOVED this manga and can't wait to devour the second & third volumes! It was an intriguing, mysterious, and subtly romantic story! Filled with tons of secrets, HOT prince's, and humor! So 4.5 out of 5 STARS!

PICTURE TIME!


THAT'S IT! HAVE YOU READ THIS? LIKE THE PICTURES? SOUND INTERESTING? LEAVE A COMMENT :)

7 comments:

  1. This looks good. May read it later on.
    But, isn't this actually a manhwa, not a manga?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually read the whole thing and it's pretty good :D And *headdesk* Yeah it is. I didn't know they were different >_< Thanks for letting me know! I'll have to change it then and do something with it on the blog ;) Always love having you comment & enlightening me Holly ,MUCH bloggy <333!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've read a lot of manhwa before and though I'm mostly into shonen nowadays, I might check this one out soon because it looks so exciting!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! I'm so glad you'll give this one a try XD It was pretty great and i've read the whole series so it gets better :D Thanks for checking my review out Chel, MUCH <333!

      Delete
  3. This one looks real fun- and what lovely art! I hope I can find a copy somewhere to read! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD IT SO IS A FUN ONE! and RIGHT!?! That artwork is pretty awesome. Hope you do snag a copy! Thanks for stopping by Joni, much <33!

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen this one before but it sounds super entertaining. I'm always on a lookout for a fun read so I might check this one out. Love the pictures :)

    -Mari @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.