Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday [39]: And...We Stay...with a gif!


So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

THIS WEEKS PICK:


Publication Date: January 28th 2014
Published by: Delacorte Press
Title: And We Stay
Author: Jenny Hubbard
When high school senior Paul Wagoner walks into his school library with a stolen gun, he threatens his girlfriend Emily Beam, then takes his own life.

In the wake of the tragedy, an angry and guilt-ridden Emily is shipped off to boarding school in Amherst, Massachusetts, where she encounters a ghostly presence who shares her name. The spirit of Emily Dickinson and two quirky girls offer helping hands, but it is up to Emily to heal her own damaged self.

This inventive story, told in verse and in prose, paints the aftermath of tragedy as a landscape where there is good behind the bad, hope inside the despair, and springtime under the snow.


WHY I'M WAITING:

When I heard the part where she was taken hostage by her BF, I was like...and then he KILLS HIMSELF...

...OH M G! Can you say, INTENSE & CRAZY! I want to read this so badly and it's another EMILY DICKINSON GHOST! I love books with Emily in them *she's one of my favorite poets* XD I want an emotionally-intense book and I KNOW this will def deliver! Plus the cover is so elegantly chilling, cleanly enticing and gives off the right amount of loneliness & grief...I <3 it!


THAT'S IT!! EXCITED-INTERESTING? WHAT R U WAITING FOR? LEAVE LINKS IN COMMENTS :D

17 comments:

  1. Ooh, this looks interesting, but I don't know if it'll be for me. The cover is pretty, though. (: Awesome pick, Lisseth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah it's pretty interesting but i just pretty much LOVED the cover XP Thanks for stopping by Megan, MUCH <3333 as always!!!

      Delete
  2. lol that gif! i like the premise and i like that it's a mix of verse and prose because i'm just not into books that are entirely written in verse. thanks for stopping by my WoW, lisseth :)

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yeah tha gif XP I like that it's a verse and prose too. I'm not too much into JUST prose either but just having it added is okay ;P Thanks for stopping by Michelle, MUCH <333!

      Delete
  3. I'm adding this book mostly because of the perfect gif use ohhh & it sounds amazingly creepy. Thanks for stopping by. I'm a new follower <333333

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHAHA YES! *gif strategy works* XD It so does sound creepy right?! Thanks for stopping by Aly, MUCH <333! And YAY glad to have you as a follower *HUGE HUG*

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of this one, just added it to goodreads, sounds like an emotional one, but looks pretty awesome. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O YAY! So glad you added it on goodreads XD It does sound emotional but it does look awesome! Thanks for stopping by Kristy, MUCH <33!

      Delete
  5. I've not heard of this before, but it sounds really really interesting! I might have to check it out :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does sound pretty interesting right ;) thanks for stopping by my WoW Janina, MUCH <33!

      Delete
  6. Holy cow - this looks fantastic!! I wonder why on earth her boyfriend would threaten to kill her and then kill himself? Weird! I'm adding this to my TBR list right away - I can't believe we have to wait until 2014 - that really sucks. ;_; ..Oh well! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW post. :)
    Happy Reading! :D

    ----
    Much Love <3
    - Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD RIGH?! I have the same questions too. I HATE THE WAIT UNTIL 2014 ;_; Thanks for checking out my WoW Tiffa, MUCH <33333!

      Delete
  7. I swear you blog just gets cuter and cuter everytime I visit! Great pick. This WOW pick def looks chillin' in more ways than one. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW X3 THANKS Katrina! It sure does chill you right?! Thanks for stopping by my WoW, MUCH <333 & HUGS!

      Delete
  8. Wow! Sounds crazy. I can't imagine that (her boyfriend). When I was in middle school my frienemy had a gun in her locker and when the school went through her stuff she had a list of names and guess whose name was on the list? ME!
    Moving on. Thanks for sharing! haha

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this sounds pretty intriguing! I don't know if it's my kind of book, but I hope you enjoy it :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow ,sounds crazy,thank you for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.