Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday [40] : THE MURDER COMPLEX BY LINDSAY CUMMINGS


So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. THIS WEEK IT'S...

Title: The Murder Complex
Authors: Lindsay Cummings
Published Date: June 10th 2014
Publisher: Greenwillow / HarperCollins
Pages: 400
Series: Murder Complex #1
ADD IT ON GOODREADS!
An action-packed, blood-soaked, futuristic debut thriller set in a world where the murder rate is higher than the birthrate. For fans of Moira Young’s Dust Lands series, La Femme Nikita, and the movie Hanna.

Meadow Woodson, a fifteen-year-old girl who has been trained by her father to fight, to kill, and to survive in any situation, lives with her family on a houseboat in Florida. The state is controlled by The Murder Complex, an organization that tracks the population with precision.

The plot starts to thicken when Meadow meets Zephyr James, who is—although he doesn’t know it—one of the MC’s programmed assassins. Is their meeting a coincidence? Destiny? Or part of a terrifying strategy? And will Zephyr keep Meadow from discovering the haunting truth about her family?

Action-packed, blood-soaked, and chilling, this is a dark and compelling debut novel by Lindsay Cummings.

I haven't read Dust Lands or seen Hanna but I am pumped to read this! I have literally been waiting for this since Lindsay said she signed with greenwillow. The cover is dark, grungy, and perfectly intense and the story sounds just as good. I'm interested to see how James will be since he doesn't actually know he's part of the MC's game and all.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE MURDER COMPLEX? WAITING FOR IT TO COME OUT?
LEAVE ME YOUR WOW'S IN THE COMMENT'S! AS ALWAYS <3 YOU ALL - LISSETH ^3^

26 comments:

  1. I haven't read Dust Lands or seen Hanna but I am also excited to read this one! I got it from Edelweiss, so we'll see how it goes. Initially, I had never even heard of this book - but so many people were excited about it, so I downloaded it from EW. I hope you read and love this book! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I heard it was on Edelweiss too *logging in to EW as I type* gonna have to request it. I really hope this book lives up to it's excitement and doesn't disappoint XP Thanks for stopping by Alyssa, MUCH <3!

      Delete
  2. The plot is just so interesting, that every time I see the cover, I feel like it is calling me Read Me Read Me Read me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL same here! Thanks for stopping by Ayah, Much <33!

      Delete
  3. I've been watching and waiting on this one for forever it seems! Finally, it's close!

    Jennifer
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT!?! So close and yet still so far....thanks for dropping by Jennifer, as always MUCH <3!!!

      Delete
  4. I am equal parts excited and scared for this one! The cover is creepy and the description creepier. I do love The Dust Lands though, so this one is on my list too. Thanks for sharing! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan, I have to agree on the being scared and excited. I don't read many books that are described as "blood-soaked" but i cant wait for it :) Thanks for dropping by & MUCH <3!

      Delete
  5. I'm really excited to check this one out :) I have a copy for review and I'm dying to start it! I hope you get to the chance to read it soon. Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o Lucky! I hope you enjoy it & will be checking in to see if you liked it ;) Thanks for coming by Janina, much <3!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read Dust Lands or seen Hanna either but this does sound interesting! And I love the cover! I will have to check it out once it gets published (I am on a self-imposed book-requesting ban!)! Great pick! :D

    Joana @ Joana In The Sky With Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I tried going on a book requesting ban *didn't go so well* I cracked after a week XP I couldn't stand to see all those pretty books! Thanks for stopping by Joanna, MUCH <33!

      Delete
  7. Oooh this sounds really interesting and I can't believe I haven't heard more about it.

    *adds to to-buy list*

    It's not my fault. :O I had too.

    I hope you enjoy MURDER COMPLEX when you read it! :D


    Kaede @ Wake Up at Seven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, right?! Who can resist this cover and this story, it's definitely an add to buy list kinda book ;) Thanks for dropping by Kaede, MUCH BLOGGY <333!

      Delete
  8. I've seen Hanna! And it was awesome, in a weird way. Lol. I was going to tell you that it's on EW, but I see Alyssa did that already! :) I hope you get approved and love it! Great pick!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *crossing fingers* hopefully I get approved too! and know im gonna have to see Hanna XD Thanks for stopping by Rachel, MUCH BLOGGY <33!

      Delete
  9. I adored the first book of the Dust Lands trilogy, Blood Red Road, so I'm probably going to check this one out! :) And the fonts used in the covers--love them! I hope you enjoy this one when you read it! <3

    Aimee @ Read by the Undead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o I LOVED THE FONTS too! Thanks for stopping back Aimee, nice to meet you, much bloggy <33!

      Delete
  10. The Dust Lands trilogy is awesome! I love the first two books and I'm eagerly anticipating the last book!! But I've been dying for TMC for like ever it seems like! Plus Lindsay is such a sweetheart! I absolutely adore her! Fab pick! Have a great week! :)

    xo, Becca
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the wait is killing me and I love Lindsay too! Im really behind I need to read the Dust lands trilogy soon XD Thanks for coming by Becca, much bloggy <33!

      Delete
  11. This sounds good! I will have to add it to my TBR list! New follower on GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD YAY NEW FOLLOWER! Glad to hear you adding this on your TBR list. Thanks for stopping by and following Missie, MUCH <33!

      Delete
  12. I totally can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD RIGHT!?! I can't either, thanks for stopping by Stephanie MUCH BLOGGY<33!

      Delete
  13. I got this one off edelweiss and I cant wait to get to it! It sounds amazing and dark and gritty and I'm excited. Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XO SO LUCKY!!! I hope you enjoy it and thanks for stopping by Teresa MUCH BLOGGY <33!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.