**NOTES & ANNOUNCEMENTS**

--> Hey Everyone! Thanks for stopping by and commenting :) I'm working now, so I don't get home until really late at night. That means I won't be able to respond to your comments as fast as I used to. Just wanted to let you all know so you don't think I'm ignoring you, because I'm not. So don't leave me! ALSO FIXING THE BLOG UP, SORRY FOR THE MESS XO

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday [41]: WINTERSPELL BY CLAIRE LEGRAND


So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're anticipating.

THIS WEEKS BOOK I'M EAGERLY WAITING FOR IS...


Title: Winterspell
Authors: Claire Legrand
Published Date: September 30th 2014
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Pages: 464
ADD IT ON GOODREADS!
The clock chimes midnight, a curse breaks, and a girl meets a prince . . . but what follows is not all sweetness and sugarplums.

New York City, 1899. Clara Stole, the mayor's ever-proper daughter, leads a double life. Since her mother's murder, she has secretly trained in self-defense with the mysterious Drosselmeyer.

Then, on Christmas Eve, disaster strikes.

Her home is destroyed, her father abducted--by beings distinctly not human. To find him, Clara journeys to the war-ravaged land of Cane. Her only companion is the dethroned prince Nicholas, bound by a wicked curse. If they're to survive, Clara has no choice but to trust him, but his haunted eyes burn with secrets--and a need she can't define.

With the dangerous, seductive faery queen Anise hunting them, Clara soon realizes she won't leave Cane unscathed--if she leaves at all.

WHY I'M WAITING...

I love books that are set in the past, have curses, and that first sentence is a hooker XP I like it when prim & proper girls get to change into strong main characters in books, so this one got me. Plus there is dethroned Prince I wanna meet ;P It sounds dark, riveting, dangerous, has an uber GORGEOUS COVER, and I can't wait no more!

WHAT DO YOU THINK? HAVE YOU HEARD OF WINTERSPELL? WAITING FOR IT TO COME OUT?
LEAVE ME YOUR WOW'S IN THE COMMENT'S! AS ALWAYS <3 YOU ALL - MINNAH ^3^

8 comments:

  1. I saw this one floating around and I think it will be a great read! I hope you enjoy it

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I saw it a while ago too and I hope it is a good read when i get my hands on it XP Thanks for stopping by Katelynn, Much bloggy <33 Minnah!

      Delete
  2. OHMYGRACIOUS I'VE BEEN DYING TO READ THIS. Seriously, I loved Legrand's middle grade book, Year of Shadows and I can't wait to read her first YA book. The premise, the synopsis- that COVER. And, most important, that author's completely imaginative-transportingly-beautiful-and-mysterious writing! Yeah… You could say I've been looking forward to this, just a little… ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read her MG books but I want to since everyone seemed to love them. And yeah i fell in love with that cover and synopsis when i saw them :) Glad we'll both be waiting for this one to come out XD thanks for stopping by Joni, Much <333 as always Minnah!

      Delete
  3. This one looks fabulous! Adding to TBR! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! It really does look like a good one :) Thanks for stopping by Brooke, much <333!

      Delete
  4. I saw this on someones WOW the other week for the first time now I'm seeing it every where and its making me all the more excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Glad to hear your excited for this one to come out too Kate :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my WoW, much <3333 Minnah!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.

The FTC requires me to say:

All reviews on this website are unbiased and reviewers are in no way compensated for their reviews by the author, publisher, or any other agencies. While some reviews may be based on receipt of copies or ARC copies of an authors work, a fair and impartial review is always given by this reviewer. Most of my reviews, however, are based upon books that are purchased after publication date :)

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected  M83P-YH5R-01S5-BMCO