**NOTES & ANNOUNCEMENTS**

--> Hey Everyone! Thanks for stopping by and commenting :) I'm working now, so I don't get home until really late at night. That means I won't be able to respond to your comments as fast as I used to. Just wanted to let you all know so you don't think I'm ignoring you, because I'm not. So don't leave me! ALSO FIXING THE BLOG UP, SORRY FOR THE MESS XO

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday [42]: THE JEWEL BY AMY EWING


So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're anticipating.

THIS WEEKS BOOK I'M EAGERLY WAITING FOR IS...


Title: The Jewel
Authors: Amy Ewing
Published Date: September 2nd 2014
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 304
ADD IT ON GOODREADS!
The Jewel means wealth. The Jewel means beauty. The Jewel means royalty. But for girls like Violet, the Jewel means servitude. Not just any kind of servitude. Violet, born and raised in the Marsh, has been trained as a surrogate for the royalty––because in the Jewel the only thing more important than opulence is offspring.

Purchased at the surrogacy auction by the Duchess of the Lake and greeted with a slap to the face, Violet (now known only as #197) quickly learns of the brutal truths that lie beneath the Jewel’s glittering facade: the cruelty, backstabbing, and hidden violence that have become the royal way of life.

Violet must accept the ugly realities of her existence . . . and try to stay alive. But then a forbidden romance erupts between Violet and a handsome gentleman hired as a companion to the Duchess’s petulant niece. Though his presence makes life in the Jewel a bit brighter, the consequences of their illicit relationship will cost them both more than they bargained for.

WHY I'M WAITING...

*instantly hooked* WOAH, LOOK AT THAT COVER X3 I so want a dress like hers so badly,♥.♥ It's so pretty! Although the font kinda reminds me of The Selection. Anyways...the story sounds very bleak and brutal, which wonderfully contrasts with that gorgeous cover. I don't know if I'll like it or not, since it sounds like it'll be a strong one in the moral department but then again I thought the same with Wither by Lauren DeStefano and i ended up LOVING that one. I'm kinda getting over the "forbidden romances" but this one sounds like it's really going to be a real forbidden one. So I'm still excited for this one and can't wait for it's release into the bookish world :)

WHAT DO YOU THINK? HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE JEWEL? WAITING FOR IT TO COME OUT?
LEAVE ME YOUR WOW'S IN THE COMMENT'S! AS ALWAYS <3 YOU ALL - MINNAH ^3^

6 comments:

  1. YES. The cover really is very reminiscent of The Selection, between the font, the pretty dress, and the mirrors, but I don't really care? It's just so pretty! Plus it sounds really interesting! Your comparison to Wither is spot on, yes! Great pick!! :D

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! The Selection came to mind when i first saw this :) Thanks for dropping by Rachel, Much <33 as always Minnah!

      Delete
  2. YES! I'm with you! That cover is stunning and it's more than enough for making me want to read it right away. Plus, the blurb makes it sound really fascinating.
    Hopefully, the content is as gorgeous as the cover.
    Great pick! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stunning is right :) and definitely hoping that whats inside is as awesome as the outside. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Nick, much bloggy <3 as always Minnah!

      Delete
  3. This looks good. And that cover, swoons! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup swooning with that cover, its so pretty X3 who wouldn't swoon! Thanks for stopping by my WoW and commenting Brooke, Much bloggy <333!

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.

The FTC requires me to say:

All reviews on this website are unbiased and reviewers are in no way compensated for their reviews by the author, publisher, or any other agencies. While some reviews may be based on receipt of copies or ARC copies of an authors work, a fair and impartial review is always given by this reviewer. Most of my reviews, however, are based upon books that are purchased after publication date :)

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected  M83P-YH5R-01S5-BMCO