**NOTES & ANNOUNCEMENTS**

--> Hey Everyone! Thanks for stopping by and commenting :) I'm working now, so I don't get home until really late at night. That means I won't be able to respond to your comments as fast as I used to. Just wanted to let you all know so you don't think I'm ignoring you, because I'm not. So don't leave me! I've lost 3 of you & it makes me sad ;_;

Friday, May 16, 2014

[QUICK BEAUTIFUL ART] A MANGA REVIEW OF THE AMALFI BRIDE BY MARITO AI & ANN MAJOR


Title: The Amalfi Bride
Authors: Ann Major (Author), Marito Ai (Illustrator)
Published Date: February 11th, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Comics
Format: ebook
Genre: manga
Source: bought
Series: None (Standalone)
GOODREADS | AMAZON
One night during a solitary trip to Italy, the straitlaced Regina spends the night with a dangerous gigolo!

She can't believe a smart lawyer like herself would give herself to a man she just met... This was how daringly irresistible this man Nico was to women.

Nico seems to be somewhat of a celebrity in his hometown. But Regina didn't know that he is actually a renowned prince!

This was a 3 for me, I really enjoyed it but it really was like a small treat because it felt really short.I still don't know what to call this, I know it's a manga but it says "comic" so I never picked up the harlequin comics before but it's the same thing really. Just that there's a written book you could also read instead of the manga.

Now the story was okay, i guess if i had read the book I would have liked it more, but contrary to many, i still liked it. The whole plot of confusing a prince for a gigalo wasn't so bad, and yeah there were sad parts and parts that kinda scratched my heart. But again if the story was more developed I would have liked it more. There were also parts with Regina, the MC, not feeling loved, her sister taking her fiance, her losing her job, not being able to find a guy, getting a "sperm donor" and all but i felt like it wasn't connected well enough in the manga. So I wasn't very connected to her.

I did however LOVE Prince Nico, he had a sad story; his first wife died, he was being forced to marry a princess he didn't love. He was a nice guy and I think when he was angry about something Regina kept from him, I liked the "cold" Nico because it moved my emotional part that hadn't been moved yet in the entire book.

Now onto the art, since it's a manga, art is super important for me. I LOVE good drawings and this one had them! The people weren't hideous hags and it was top notch drawing :) For which kinda made up the fact that this plot was kinda rushed. Also just in case you were wondering there are no nasty drawings since this was an adult book turned into a manga, it's pretty much 99.9% clean :) [see pictures below]

Overall I ended up liking this quick read. I would definitely tell you read it, since the art was better than most out there, though the plot was okay just a bit too rushed. So 3 gorgeous roses from me!

WHAT DID YOU THINK? HAVE YOU HEARD OF HARLEQUIN COMICS? ALREADY READ SOME?
LIKE MY REVIEW, THEN LEAVE A COMMENT! AS ALWAYS <3 YOU ALL - MINNAH ^3^

1 comment:

  1. i'm having a great read. you really loaded your blog with great contents. a job well done!

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.

The FTC requires me to say:

All reviews on this website are unbiased and reviewers are in no way compensated for their reviews by the author, publisher, or any other agencies. While some reviews may be based on receipt of copies or ARC copies of an authors work, a fair and impartial review is always given by this reviewer. Most of my reviews, however, are based upon books that are purchased after publication date :)

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected  M83P-YH5R-01S5-BMCO