Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday - Lizzy [48]: The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender

So lets start with my Waiting on Wednesday. I love doing this meme every Wednesday. "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're anticipating.

THIS WEEKS BOOK I'M EAGERLY WAITING FOR IS...


Title: The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall
Authors: Katie Alender
Published Date: August 25th, 2015
Publisher: Point
Pages: 336
ADD IT ON GOODREADS!
Asylum meets Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, in this riveting tale of ghosts, secrets, and family, from master of suspense Katie Alender.

Delia's new house isn't just a house. It used to be an insane asylum, a place to lock up "troubled" young women long ago. And a restless, wicked spirit is still at play--and it doesn't want defiant girls like Delia to go anywhere.

So the house kills her.

Now Delia is a ghost, trapped in her creepy home forever. As she meets the other ghost girls who haunt the narrow hallways, as well as the handsome ghost boy on the grounds, she learns shocking truths about the house's history. Delia also realizes that her alive and grieving sister might be the house's next target.

Can Delia unlock the mystery of the old asylum, save her sister, and free herself?

WHY I'M WAITING...

I rarely pick up books about ghosts but Katie Alender is one the few writers who makes fresh and interesting ghost stories. I LOVE that cover it's both creepy, elegant, and eerie. When I was reading in the synopsis and got to the part, "SO THE HOUSE KILLS HER" I was like WHAT?! I like that she's now a ghost and trying to save her sister of the same fate. Really want to see how that plays out :D

WHAT DO YOU THINK? HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE DEAD GIRLS OF HYSTERIA HALL? LIKE THE COVER? WAITING FOR IT TO COME OUT?
LEAVE ME YOUR WOW'S IN THE COMMENT'S BELOW!

8 comments:

  1. Great pick! I love Katie Alender's Bad Girls Don't Die books so really looking forward to this one. That line is perfect, 'so the house kills her.'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that series too! and right?! That line got my attention :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting Fi, much <33!

      Delete
  2. Haven't heard of this one. I hope you enjoy it! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hadn't heard of this one either and I hope i do too! Thanks for stopping by Brooke, much <3!

      Delete
  3. Yes, this one definitely sounds like one I need to try. Don't read much YA, but you're right, the house kills her? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah houses that eat people are always an interesting read XD Thanks for stopping by Kay, much <3!

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure about this one. I'm really picky when it comes to horror-like books. Hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-work-in-progress.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here but I can't resist a story like this X) I hope I enjoy it too. Thanks for stopping by Christina, much <3

      Delete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. U know what would make me smile? a Comment.